Friday, October 13, 2017

Children's Classic Poetry

Author and Illustrator: 28 Authors some include Lewis Carroll, Thomas Hardy, Wilfred Owen, Walt Whitman, and Ebenezer Jones.
Genre: Poetry
Awards:
Grade Level: Kinder - 2nd grade.

This book is a collection of classic poetry within six subtopics. The six subtopics are birds and beasts, wind and weather, mystery and magic, love and bunny, laughter and tears, and people and places. Some of the poems are Mary's Lamb, Jabberwocky, from The Little Mermaid, and I Eat my Peas with Honey. There are a total of 28 authors whose poems are in this poetry book. The illustrator is unlisted, yet the illustrations are beautiful and compliment the poem. There are cultural poems, humorous poems, and narrative poems.

The cover is appealing to the eye as well as the illustrations. I would use this in my classroom and read aloud the poems to my students. Depending on the unit and lesson, I would choose a poem and correlate it with an activity after a read aloud, discussion, or role play. This collection of poetry books has many topics that would be beneficial to discuss with the students.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fly Guy Presents Weather